Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our Forty-First Post -- Almost Getting Knocked Down By Sponge Bob

As I was helping clean-up at the Spring Fling last night, I was chatting with a Kindergarten parent, who warned me just in time to "watch out" before getting hit in the head with the Sponge Bob board that was being carried inside. I told this parent that this Sponge Bob incident would be in the title of my next blog entry, and I didn't want to disappoint her.:)

This Sponge Bob anecdote though is the perfect segue to my Spring Fling discussion. I would like to thank all of the parent, student, and staff volunteers for making this year's Spring Fling such a tremendous success. I feel very fortunate to work at a school with such a strong community atmosphere, and last night, the community really came together to have fun and celebrate with each other.

I think that the pie toss/wet sponge toss was the highlight of my night, even though I was one of the pie toss "victims" too.:) Watching the pie and water fly made for a fun and amusing evening, despite the mess.

Thank you to all of the parents and students that came to Spring Fling last night! It was great to see so many of you there. If you came, what was the highlight of your night? I would love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to post them here or e-mail me directly (aviva.dunsiger@hwdsb.on.ca).

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Aviva

No comments: