Saturday, March 26, 2011

Our Fantastic Friday

Yesterday really was an amazing day, and I'm glad that I could capture some of it in pictures. Watching the children working together and writing yesterday made me realize the value of choice. Instead of telling the students what tools they had to use, I outlined the form of their writing and gave them control over the rest. It was awesome! Students were using everything from the iPod Touches to the iPads to the computers to markers and paper, and they were all happily engaged in writing. They were helping each other, they were problem-solving, and they were learning. As a teacher, I can't ask for anything better!

I hope that you enjoy this Animoto Slideshow with your children, and that you get a chance to use this slideshow to discuss yesterday's writing activities. What did the children think about them? Did they like having more "choice?" Why? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Aviva


No comments: