Friday, December 18, 2009

Dancing Santa: Special Holiday Greeting From Aviva's Class

The students in my class made a special holiday greeting during computer time today. I showed them how to use My Avatar Editor to create their own avatar and save it. Then they had the option to use this avatar to make a Dancing Santa Card. The students could create their own greeting, and many of them changed their greeting to match those for holidays that they celebrate.

Here are the avatars that four of my students created:


While a fun activity, this computer activity also taught the students some basic computer skills including saving, resizing, and uploading images. Sometimes when I watch my students and see their amazing skills, I forget that they are only in Grade 1!:)
Please click on the links in the posts below to see our holiday greetings to you. Have a very happy holiday! See you again in January!
Aviva

No comments: