Friday, January 14, 2011

Author's Chair

For our Friday Journal Activity this week, I decided to try something new. I had my Grade 1's write a letter on any topic of their choice, and I had my Grade 2's write a procedure for doing anything that they wished. For those students that were interested, I invited them to read their letter or procedure in the Author's Chair. I recorded these readings and have shared four of them with you here. I love how excited these students got to share their work with an audience.

Both of my Grade 2 students wrote procedures for making a snowman. They would love if you try out their procedures and see if they work. Please leave a comment here and let us know.

Thanks for your help with this!
Aviva





4 comments:

Lori Sabo said...

Wow! What good writing! So many good details! The only problem I had when I made a snowman following your directions was they looked like they were laying on the ground. Was I supposed to stack them after I rolled the snowballs? That might be an important direction. I will just pretend they are sleeping.

Thanks for sharing your writing!
Mrs. Sabo

Aviva said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm going to share it with my students on Tuesday (they have a PA Day on Monday). Your comment will definitely help them as they learn to be even more clear with their directions.

Thanks again!
Aviva

Kathy said...

What a wonderful idea! A Global Author's chair!

Student 1 - I could visualize your gingerbread man. You provided some nice details.

Student 2 - How special! I love that your dad is your best friend.

Student 3 and 4 - You both provided some great details to making a snowman. WOW! There are many steps. I will try your directions when we have warmer temperatures. Right now it is too cold and I can't get the snow to make a snowball.

Aviva said...

Thanks for the comments, Kathy! My students will be so excited when they see them. They just loved "sharing their writing with the world!":)

Aviva